The Guild is a collection of individuals with shared interests in the fiber arts. The Guild offers members the opportunity to informally learn fiber art skills from other guild members through drop-ins, activities, and guest speakers. The Guild offers formal workshops and courses through the Richmond Hill community centre programs. Guild members participate in other guilds, and on occasion, are featured guest speakers.
Membership is open to anyone with interests in spinning, weaving or related fiber arts.
New members are very welcome.
Annual membership fee of $125, from September 1 – August 31
• Monthly meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month (7 p.m. if on-line)
• Access to and full use of guild equipment
• Borrowing of books and periodicals from our guild library
• Mentor and fellowship with other fibre enthusiasts
• Courses, lessons and projects
• Show and Tell
• Opportunity to sell work in the Burr House Artisans Shop (pending relief of pandemic restrictions)
• Opportunities to sell work on-line
• Engagement with other related guilds, locally, nationally & internationally
• Participate and demonstrate in community events such as Cultural Summit, Doors Open, Studio Tour and Culture Days
• All members are encouraged to actively participate in the operation of the Guild
• UNDER REVIEW: Fill shifts at the Shop & Tearoom (currently 5 per year, pending relief of pandemic restrictions)
• Guest speakers
• Slide shows
• Hands-on activities
Current Group Loom Projects
• Colour Gamp
• Recycled Plastic Tote Bag
• Rag Rug
Coming Soon: Current Loom Projects Page!